Thursday, January 14, 2010

To combine or not to combine...

Bank accounts that is...
I know there are probably some firm views out there, on both sides, and trust me I am not trying to offend anyone. We have yet to combine our bank accounts... There I said it! Honestly, we just have not had the time to go to the bank and figure it all out and we can not decide exactly what we are going to do.

I think it is very important, IN MY OPNION, to keep some money separate. Now that's not saying I am trying to "hide" money or buy things without him knowing. He knows what I buy, and although he may not agree with it, he understands this girl works HARD FOR THE MONEY! I think I deserve to treat myself every once in a while :)

That being said, I do think it is nice to have a JOINT account where we both pay in money and pay for bills/car payments/mortgage/fun stuff out of it! So my question is... Do you think its best to have 3 accounts (each a personal and a joint) or is it better to just combine everything into one???

1 comment:

  1. Hey- I just found your blog- so cute! I'm going to go read up.
    We decided to keep separate bank accounts for now and when we have kids we will get a joint account. Right now we each have "our bills" that we pay meaning we split our house bills depending, we have a way we do it based on how much we each make, etc.
    It just makes sense for us b/c he could never handle watching my shopping coming out of the account, I mean I work I deserve it right!
    I totally agree with you both needing your own money.

    ReplyDelete