Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Making the most out of tight spaces...

This pretty much sums up our house... I love it, but it is short on storage areas. My kitchen only has about 4 cabinets, which let me tell you is not enough! So we converted a closet in the den into our "entertaining closet" which holds all the platters and plates that we don't use on a day-to-day basis but still need to keep handy. We had no pantry in the kitchen so we bought one of those free standing cabinets from Home Depot and it matches my other cabinets perfectly and holds all our food!! So as far as closets go in the house, there are quite a few... But are already pretty full. (And I still have stuff at my parents house that I moved out of a year and a half ago!) So in order to make better use of the closets in my bedroom, I got Andrew to build some shelves for me.


So bad picture because it was taken with my blackberry... Anyways these are the shelves that Andrew put in for me. It makes everything so much more organized!! Note that this is only like less than HALF of my clothing... the rest is spread out in different closets all over the house :)

And I leave you with my adorable-snoring-waking me up all night-shedding profusely-sweet dog. This was him last night before bed. He likes to lay his head on the bed in order to get a good scratch before going to bed :)


1 comment:

  1. Stumbled across your blog, so glad I did. You are the most adorable bride-to-be! We just sold our TWO CLOSET house, if you need creative storage ideas I HAVE MANY! ;)

    ReplyDelete