Thursday, June 17, 2010

7 months...


Although I know 7 months is no big milestone in a marriage, I thought I would post about things I have learned for the last 7 months...

1. KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT. I have a bad habit of saying whatever comes to mind. This is a work in progress.

2. TAKE ADVANTAGE OF DOWN TIME. With our hectic work schedules and busy social life we rarely take time for just the 2 of us. We are learning to say no to things in order to spend more time together.

3. LAUGH AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. We have been together for 6 years so I feel like I pretty much know Andrew inside and out. We have gotten to where when we start arguing about something stupid, we will just both start laughing and it makes the problem disappear. Out of the 6 years we have been together, this is probably the best of them!

4. ABSENCE MAKES THE HEART GROW FONDER. I hate spending any time away from him, but work trips and weekends apart do make us appreciate each other more.

5. BE SUPPORTIVE. Andrew has recently started a new job that is a HUGE venture for us as a family. It has put pressure on us financially and emotionally. I can honestly say I know he will be successful at whatever he does, so I have faith in him and support him 100%.

6. ENJOY LIFE. I am a worrier by nature. I stress about everything. Andrew has taught me to calm down and enjoy everything that's going on around us. Over the past 7 months I have seen; 2 best friends get married, 2 best friends get engaged, and 1 best friend get pregnant. It has been such a happy time and I couldn't be more excited for my dear friends.

7. LOVE EACH OTHER UNCONDITIONALLY. This is one that comes naturally for us. We have been through so much together and I know that Andrew is my rock and I can depend on him for anything. And he knows the same about me :)

~~~~What lies behind us and what lies before us
are tiny matters compared to what lies
within us~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment