Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Feeling Guilty...

I feel like I am always feeling guilty for not doing things... Andrew and I are always the people to say yes to everything, attend everything, make it to every event. I made a decision this year to say "no" to more things. But there is something inside of me that feels so bad when I tell people no... a guilty conscience.
There is nothing wrong with simply saying, "no we can not make it to that". And to simply have no reason other than we do not want to. So why do people make you feel so bad about saying no without having a good enough reason? Of course, there are things we WANT to go to and will make it work no matter what to ensure that we can be there. But there are times when we are simply exhausted from everyday life and do not feel like doing something.
So this year I have made a conscious decision to say "no" more. To spend more time with my husband, just the 2 of us and build our relationship! And to stop making excuses for our absence.

P.S.
Real life friends, please do not take this to mean you! Of course I adore hanging out with you. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's ok girl, I know I'm one of those people you make it work no matter what!! Haha love you!

    ReplyDelete