I HATE making New Years resolutions... I feel like they are so cliche and inevitably don't work out. BUT this year I am going to do it. I am turning over a new leaf. Maybe its because this is the first year where I have really had to worry about someone other than myself, i.e. the husband! So here goes:
1. GET HEALTHY.
Isn't this everyones NY resolution? But for real this is my year to get healthy. I want to get back in the gym (haven't been since before the wedding, yikes!) and start cooking healthier meals. We have been so out of our routine since the wedding, and it is nice now that the holidays are over and we can get back into it. Thank goodness Andrew is pretty healthy too and can push me to be that way :)
2. LEARN TO BE A BETTER WIFE.
I am by no means a perfect wife... But I want to try my hardest to be the best for Andrew. He deserves it! I lose my temper pretty easily, I snap at him a lot, I sometimes get lazy with household chores, and I don't support him enough. I need to work on all of these and then some. I just want to make him happy.
1 Peter 4:8 (New International Version)
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
3. WORK HARDER.
I love my job and I often take it for granted and don't appreciate it. I get frustrated at work, often, and I need to learn to be more helpful and more approachable. I need to work on becoming a better, more responsible and trustworthy employee.
4. BECOME A BETTER DAUGHTER, SISTER, DAUGHTER-IN-LAW, AUNT, AND FRIEND.
I have a lot of roles to play in my life. I have 3 wonderful sisters that I need to build even better relationships with. I have wonderful parents who love me unconditionally and support me and I need to be more appreciative of them. I have amazing in-laws who love and support me and I need to build my relationship with them. I have an adorable niece, and one on the way, who I need to spend more time with! And I need to work on becoming a better friend, I have amazing friends who are always there for me and I want to be the best I can for them.
5. BUDGET BUDGET BUDGET AND SAVE SAVE SAVE.
Something both Andrew and I need to work on. We need to really sit down and figure it all out. We need to stop spending money on going out, eating out, and shopping (whoops!) so we can start saving more. We want to save money to move into a bigger house, start a family, buy a boat, and other things... None of these are going to happen right away, maybe not even this year! But I want to have a chunk of money saved so when it does happen, we will be financially ready!
So... Now that I have written these out, I guess I have no exucses! You will have to hold me accountable for these resolutions!
No comments:
Post a Comment